Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

RV042 (linksys firmware) VPN and static route problem

Hello,

I have a basic RV042 setup where 2 RV042's have their own Internet connection and have 1 vpn tunnel to link the 2 LAN's together.  All LAN-LAN traffic directly connected works fine.

The problem is that in Site A there are multiple remotes from a carrier MPLS and that MPLS router is configured to point to Site B for any Site B host.  Pings from remote hosts in MPLS, through Site A are successful to Site B.

However, pings from Site B to those remotes does not work.  The RV042 doesn't seem to recognize the static routes I have entered and is sending the remote traffic to the Internet, not the VPN tunnel.

I've noticed in the Site B RV042 (which is Linksys version) the static routes don't show up in the routing table.  

Site A is a Cisco RV042 and I tested some static routes and they all show up in the routing table correctly.

Is there an issue with Linksys firmware/software and static routes?  I have followed all configuration info (disable DHCP, etc) and no work.

thank you

John

1 REPLY

Hi,Are both devices run with

Hi,

Are both devices run with same firmware version, if not, try to update device B with same firmware version of device A, however the issue is a bit odd because if pings from site A to site B are successful that would mean the device B knows how to get back to device A, so pings initiated from site B to A should work. If you try to issue a trace from a host in site B to a host in site A, what path it takes?

Regards | Aref.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content