cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV042 Route between two private networks and one ISP

saxon.holbrook
Level 1
Level 1

I tried to describe my situation technically in another post and 30 people looked at it with a single response... so I'll try something else.

I have two private networks and want/need to route traffic between them.  I also have an ISP connection and want/need to provide internet to at least one of the private networks.  Providing internet access to both is not required or desired.

Can this be accomplished with an RV042?  If so, how?

Thanks in advance for your insight and time!!!

-Saxon

P.s.  The problem space, once again, in a non-narrative form with some addresses thrown in:

Private Network A: 192.168.200.0/24

Private Network B: 10.50.3.96/27

ISP Network C: 192.168.0.0/24 192.168.0.1GW   192.168.0.2 is WAN1 address on RV042

Required Traffic Flow

A <--> B

A  ---> C

3 Replies 3

Te-Kai Liu
Level 7
Level 7

The scenario you described should be OK for RV042, which supports DMZ Subnet for you private network B. If you have any technical difficulty, please consider calling the Support Center.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

I am having technical difficulty and figured that someone else out there using an RV042 had already done this and would be able to share the required configuration modifications.

Thanks for being the first to respond.

Oh, and I just followed the link you suggested... I'm not really in a position to pay for technical support and hoped that the "Small Business User" community would have the knowledge and be willing to share it.