Views
Helpful
Replies

RV042 V3 and two Xbox360s | need open nat and can't get there

myronman1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

I have been trying for about a week to get open nat on my three xbox 360's I have in my home. Things came to a head last week when the gaming group and I tried to play over xbox live, but our games kept disconnecting. When I checked my network, none of my xboxes had open nat, and that really sucked.

I had only one public ip at the time we had the trouble, but now I have 5 public ip's from comcast. Currently, I only have one of them setup with my router working as normal.

On that router, I have given the two xboxes static ips:

One of the xboxes is setup with port forwarding with the following ports:

3074 UDP/TCP

88 TCP

80 TCP

53 UDP/TCP

the other xbox is setup as a dmz host. The xbox that is setup with port forwarding gets open nat, but the other one, despite being the dmz host, does not get open nat.

Can someone tell me how I should set this up?

The router is setup as follows:

10.141.167.1 - router ip

10.141.167.2-149 - dhcp server range

255.255.255.0 - subnet mask

my dns servers are from open dns, I'm sure you guys know them well.

I have only one wan connection coming into the router also. That is through comcast business class. The connection is a 30/5mbps connection.

One last thing, I have the latest firmware on the router as well. I updated it last thursday evening 12/8/2011.

Looking forward to some help overe here.

Sincerely,

myronman

2 Replies 2

jasbryan
Level 6
Level 6

myronman,

First I wouldn’t set up port forwarding and a DMZ host – this will cause confliction and could cause problems. Since you are paying for 5 public IP address what I would do is set up 1 to 1 NAT for the two Xbox’s, this is mapping that public to a internal private IP address for best performance. The wan port will contain a public IP address, then use the other 2 public IP address for the 1 to 1 nat for your gaming console. This way your internal LAN isn’t affect by either gaming consoles.

Hope this helps,

Jasbryan

Thanks for the quick response Jasbryan,

I have one question though, will this setup affect the ability of the xboxes to reach other devices on my network or each other for like lan connection play?

Sincereely,

myronman

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: