cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV042 & VOIP Issues

jaltemoos
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone. I have a client that recently purchased some RV042 routers to establish VPN connections between their offices. The VPN works great and the only issue we have right now is with their IP phone system. The problem that is occuring is that the phones work fine, but they only get 1 way audio on the phones from the remote locations. Discussing the phone system with their phone support guy we found that ALG (Application Layer Gateway) is usually the culprit here. Here's my problem with this, there doesn't seem to be a setting in the RV042 router to shut off ALG. Am I missing something here? The current firmware on the main router is version 4.0.4.02-tm does anyone know if the latest firmware has the option of turning off ALG?

Thank you for any help you can provide. I appreciate it.

2 Replies 2

Te-Kai Liu
Level 7
Level 7

RV0xx does not support SIP ALG.

Firmware 4.1.1.01 fixed an issue with SIP. Perhaps you want to give it a try.

sraguraam
Level 1
Level 1

In RV042 SIP ALG option is available in hidden page.Use the below link to access the hidden page of RV042 to disable the SIP ALG option.

https://192.168.1.1/f_general_hidden.htm

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: