cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV042 VPN failure

elbone051
Level 1
Level 1

We have two RV042 configured for gateway to gateway VPN but cannot get any pings across. I have been doing these for years but something is wrong here.  The same RV042 here has a working VPN to another RV042.  The working one is No. 1 in the screen capture.  When pinging I get "Reply from 192.168.7.1: Destination host unreachable" even if I ping 192.168.8.1 (the other router).  The site at 192.168.8.0 was supported by a T-1 which went down this morning but I have the old routers off, repaired any fixed routes and restarted applicable boxes. Any suggestions?  I did update the firmware on this end to match the one at .8.1.

3 Replies 3

David Carr
Level 6
Level 6

If you upgraded the firmware on one of the devices, did you do a factory reset and either manually configure the device or reload the configurations to the device?  If not, i would try that.  I have always had it as best practice, after performing a firmware upgrade to do a factory reset and reload of the configurations.  Have you been able to ping anything on the local lan?

elbone051
Level 1
Level 1

Found the problem.  There was a bad entry in the 'advanced routing' page.  Yes, doing a factory reset and re-entering everything would have fixed that.

I am glad to hear that you found out the issue.  I was glad i could help what i could.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: