Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

RV042 VPN failure

We have two RV042 configured for gateway to gateway VPN but cannot get any pings across. I have been doing these for years but something is wrong here.  The same RV042 here has a working VPN to another RV042.  The working one is No. 1 in the screen capture.  When pinging I get "Reply from 192.168.7.1: Destination host unreachable" even if I ping 192.168.8.1 (the other router).  The site at 192.168.8.0 was supported by a T-1 which went down this morning but I have the old routers off, repaired any fixed routes and restarted applicable boxes. Any suggestions?  I did update the firmware on this end to match the one at .8.1.

3 REPLIES
Silver

Re: RV042 VPN failure

If you upgraded the firmware on one of the devices, did you do a factory reset and either manually configure the device or reload the configurations to the device?  If not, i would try that.  I have always had it as best practice, after performing a firmware upgrade to do a factory reset and reload of the configurations.  Have you been able to ping anything on the local lan?

Found the problem.  There was a bad entry in the 'advanced routing' page.  Yes, doing a factory reset and re-entering everything would have fixed that.

Silver

I am glad to hear that you found out the issue.  I was glad i could help what i could.

Views
Helpful
Replies