Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

RV042 vpn pass through

I am a tech support person using a corporate computer with VPN to access our remote network, I have very slow DSL speeds, so I have two dsl lines and the RV042. All traffic OFF of VPN is shared between the two lines, If I do speed test is shows almost double of a single DSL line, but VPN is restricted to on eline or the other, it does not seem to share the lines, and the speed test on VPN shows this, I can watch the status lights when I am on VOIP and see that only one line is in use. I have the router set to pass vpn.

I am not a network person, my tech support duties are not in the IT field, they are in In home service of consumer electronics.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks   

2 REPLIES
Green

RV042 vpn pass through

Hi Herschel. I'm not sure what you're asking. All of your observations are correct, the dual WAN load balances and essentially doubles your bandwidth while the VPN uses one WAN which gives you line rate for the connection.

-Tom
Please mark answered for helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/
Bronze

RV042 vpn pass through

As you've noticed, the vpn connection won't use both wans.  This is more of a limit on the vpn server side.  If there was a way to log in twice, and the server know the two connections are the same client, it could bond the signals.  However, I don't know many vpn servers that have this feature for client to site connections.

Huntsville's Premiere Car and Bike e-magazine: www.huntsvillecarscene.com

Huntsville's Premiere Car and Bike e-magazine: www.huntsvillecarscene.com
Views
Helpful
Replies