Views
Helpful
Replies

RV042G Not able to add or delete firewall services

Dirk
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have to add a new firewall rule & service to open port 995 and 465 for the SSL access of the German eMail provider T-online. So I have to add a new services for this ports. But if I say ADD I get the "wrong" error-message that the ports are still include in existing services. That's not true.

But now I recognise the only 30 services are possible. In the moment I have stored in the list more then 40!? This came from the migration from the old router RV042 with the migration tool from Cisco. OK, I try to delete some or all of theses services, but the delete button are not active (grey).
I delete all firewall rules (remove ...), so no service are used now, but same problem. I am not able to delete or add a service.

Did someone have an idea?

BR Dirk

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

1 Reply 1

Tom Watts
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Preuss, if options are grey out, you can try to update the firmware of the router to see if a new software can re-activate the buttons. If that doesn't work, you may have to default the router. You can try to make a backup config and reload it, but, if it does have 40 some odd rules then you may run in to the same problem you're in now.

-Tom
Please mark answered for helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: