cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV042G not comunicating with isp for ipv6 info...

Scott Frank
Level 1
Level 1

I enabled dual stack on my rv042g router but its not recieving ipv6 information from my isp.  My isp is Time Warner in Milwaukee.  They assure me that they are ipv6 ready and assume the problem is on my end.  They are useless for help though.  All they want to do is have me connect one computer up to my modem.  What good is that when I have a network that needs service.  The router needs to be working not just one pc.  My ipv4 is working perfectly.  It is obtaining all information automaticly.  Shouldn't ipv6 do the same?

Anyone else having this problem?  Please dont advise me to reboot! 

3 Replies 3

Scott Frank
Level 1
Level 1

?

Scott Frank
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone collecting a paycheck to answer these?  I'm sorry but Cisco is a very large corporation.  If this is the forum they prefer to help their customers then they should have engineers in here helping out with the ones that other customers aren't helping answer for them.  There should be no posts in here without replies.

I bought a "Small" Business product from Cisco.  I'm not large enough to have an IT staff.  If Cisco intends to provide products to this niche then they might want to understand the customer a little.  We don't mind doing a little hard work and some research.  Just a nudge in the right direction or a link to a document that might help would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Mr. Small Business 

Scott Frank
Level 1
Level 1

TWC is the problem.  Their web site says they are ipv6 compatible, which led me to believe there was a problem.  The first TWC support tech put me through the wringer diagnosing my systems.  I called back again and got the national tech support.  He without hesitating said they don't have ipv6 just yet.  Nice!

I guess sorry for all the hoopla.  Gatta love part time help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: