Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

RV042G not load balancing...

Hi,

I have two ISP providers. One is DSL and other one is Cable.

DSL connection: 50MB down and 30MB up / Cable 50MB down, 1MB up.

I configured the router with Smart Load Balance, and set-up with values above.

Always when i try to navigate through the internet, the router choose the WAN1, and almost never the WAN2.

In the speedtest, it show just 50MB other than 100 (rare times that it sum both).

How to have a real load balance router configuration ?

I didn't configure rate or priority, also nothing in the protocol binding.

Thanks in advance,

Guilherme

3 REPLIES
Green

Hi Guilherme, if you go to a website like  ipchicken.com and continuously refresh the screen do you see the IP addresses switch back and forth between the expected WAN addresses?

-Tom
Please mark answered for helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

Always show the ip for WAN that is using DSL.

I tried switch both DSL with Cable, but the problem goes together, so always when refreshing websites it goes using the DSL link.

Maybe because I configure the correct speeds, and in the cable 1024kb is too low ?

DSL 50000  DOWN  and 30000 UP

Cable 40000 DOWN and 1024 UP

Maybe this ?

I don't know what can be ....

After fighting with my router for months to load balance my 2 isp connections I finally fixed it.

Finally as a last resort I factory reset the router. Before I even had a chance to log back in to the router it was automatically loadbalancing my ISP connections.

It is always the simple things.  Factory Reset is the key.  

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content