Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

RV082 Block WAN Request broken - Upgrade Firmware ?

I incorrectly latched onto a post that had exactly the same issue I was having but with a different model of hardware.

Above is a link to the original post but I will start another post so as not to cause confusion.

For years now I have been using RV082 with firmware version 1.3.6 and previously 1.3.5. Apart from specific public IP addresses I would then block all pinging to WAN1 and WAN2. This worked well.

Recently I put a new model of the RV082 (V3 ?) with firmware v4.1.1.01-sp (Dec 6 2011 20:03:18).

Now when "Block WAN Request" is enabled ping is blocked regardless of any firewall access rules.

The ONLY way to allow ping is to disable "Block WAN Request" but then this, surely, lowers the security. What gives.... And why did it used to work and not any more.

3 REPLIES

Can anyone advise if it's ok

Can anyone advise if it's ok to upgrade the firmware to the latest version if the current version is 4.1.1.01-sp (Dec 6 2011)

Also can the upgrade be done remotely and retain the current setup?

The latest version appears to be:

Description:RV042, RV082, RV016 firmware 4.2.3.03-tm (V3 hardware required)
Release:4.2.3.03
Release Date:30/Apr/2014
File Name:RV0XX-v4.2.3.03-20140319-code.bin
Bronze

Yes, you can upgrade the

Yes, you can upgrade the firmware from ver 4.1.1.01 to 4.2.3.03.But its not possible over remote and your current setup will not be disturbed.Still you can take the configuration backup to avoid any issue with your current setup.

I have been unable to get

I have been unable to get onsite to try a firmware upgrade to test to see if it will fix the "Block WAN Request".

I could really do with knowing whether I can upgrade remotely and safely retain the settings.

I wouldn't have thought this to be a tricky query but maybe it is since I posed it over 3 weeks ago.

Here's another tricky one, will the firmware actually fix the currently broken "Block WAN Request"

Views
Helpful
Replies