cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV082 Downloading files and internet issues

boothdisp2010
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all wondering if someone can help me before i finally give up.. I have an rv082 which i have recently installed in my work. Users on the network including myself cannot download anything off the internet with out it timing out and also streaming media stops after maybe 2 minutes..

Also we use skype and msn messenger for communicating with other people on the internet and we have been missing out conversations on this.

The router is on the latest firmware also

Can anyone help.

Thanks

4 Replies 4

mpyhala
Level 7
Level 7

You may need to adjust the MTU in the WAN settings of your router. I have found several instances where the MTU needed to be set to a lower value than 1500 (Auto) for stable internet connections. A simple and effective way to test the MTU can be found at the following link:

http://help.expedient.com/broadband/mtu_ping_test.shtml

When you have found the highest MTU that does not fragment packets, set that value in the router at Setup> WAN Connection Type> WAN 1.

Please reply and let us know if this helps.

Thanks for replying, tried what you said but nothing has changed.. maybe there is no way to fix this and i may have to get rid of the rv082.

Thanks Mike

Hi Mike,

Sure would be interesting to know the model and brand of the broadband modem the RV082 is connected to.

But having said that, If the product is new, why not just place a call with the small Business Support center, or hang in for a wee bit longer to see if someone has seen this problem before..

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

regards Dave

The modem is a netgear dm111p

I might log a call with them and see what they say.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: