Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

RV082 dual wan mode slow connections and dhcp fails

I people,

i have a cisco rv082 router (firmware 2.0.0.19-tm version) configured in load balance mode with 2 wan (wan1: ADSL, 20MB in, 2MB out; wan2: Sincronous DSL 4MB).

I have the following problems:

1) the dhcp service often does not release the addresses;

2) the internet connection is slow, and sometimes it does not work.

Can you help me, please?

thanks,

Ruggero

2 REPLIES
Bronze

Dear Ruggero,

Thank you for reaching the Small Business Support Community.

Just to double check on the DHCP Server setup, or DHCP relay configuration if this RV082 is not the DHCP Server, I suggest you to look at the chapter 4 of the admin guide;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/csbr/rv0xx/administration/guide/rv0xx_AG_78-19576.pdf

Notice the RV082 can assign a maximum of  50 IP addresses and valid IP range values are 100 to 149.  Double check on the lease time, the default is 1,440 minutes, try to use it and see what happens.

I suggest you to run the latest firmware release v.4.2.2.08 since it addressees some DHCP issue (not particularly related to yours) besides some others;

http://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=282414011&flowid=785&softwareid=282465789&release=4.2.2.08&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

For the Dual WAN Settings, load balance configured; I suggest you to verify the Upstream/downstream settings you should be using for both WAN ports as specified by your ISP, also uncheck the 'Network Service Detection" setting if checked, and if it is already unchecked, then check it and test.

if there are firewall settings on, then I suggest you to uncheck the "Stateful Packet Inspection".  Check to see if there are any "error or dropped packets" on the Log>system stats menu.  If you are running some VPN IPsec settings please screenshot and post it for review.

Please let me know if anything comes up and/or if there is any further assistance I may help you with.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:.
Cisco Customer Support Engineer

*Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:. Cisco Customer Support Engineer *Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.
Community Member

Dear Jeffrey,

thanks for your answer.

I have only one doubt, i think my router has the hardware v2 and therefore not compatible with firmware that you have indicated. Is correct?

The serial number is NKS10190500.

Kind regards,

Ruggero Giordano

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content