Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

RV082 Dual Wan2 drops IP address

I have a Dual WAN RV082 (s/w ver. 1.3.98-tm) in service in a small hotel/restaurant, and WAN2 cannot reconnect automatically to the public IP address when dropped by Qwest, and all connection to the Internet is lost.  If I make 2 or 3 attempts to manually reconnect to the public address, I can bring the connection back.  Here is some info on the config:

I have two ADSL modems from Qwest in RFC1483 Transparent Bridging Mode coonected to WAN ports 1&2 on the RV082.

I used PPPoE on the RV082

I have set the Dual WANs for Load Balance (I understand that this selection will not allow me to use Link backup).

WAN1 has a static public IP from Qwest.

WAN2 has a dynamic public IP from Qwest.

Would I resolve this issue if I changed the dynamic IP on WAN2 to a static?

Also, I am at a loss as to why WAN1 did not keep an internet connection up.

Any help will be gratly appreciated.

Scott

Everyone's tags (2)
1 REPLY

Re: RV082 Dual Wan2 drops IP address

Scott,

Using an RV082 with firm ware 1.3.9.8-tm I hooked WAN1 into a T1 connection and was given an un-NATed public IP. I then connected WAN2/DMZ to a DSL connection running thru a netopia modem in bridge mode and received an un-NATed public IP on that interface. I then set the device into load balance mode. I pulled my secondary and a few packets dropped but the device soon figured out that one port was down, and started moving all traffic out one of the interfaces. I also repeated this in reverse, pulling WAN1. My results were identical. I unfortunately cannot test RFC1483 here.

I suspect what your issue is has more to do with the ISP you are using. If nothing else you should probly have a conversation with them about this in some depth.

Regards,

Christopher

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content