cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV082 DynDNS Setup

sonsterrrr
Level 1
Level 1

I have a RV082 and dont understand how to setup the DynDNS service on it... If I have both WANS connected do I need to enable both of them for DynDNS..... Not sure how this work since I will have 2 different ip's ?  Can I use the "Load Balance" mode with DynDNS?

Thanks

3 Replies 3

alissitz
Level 4
Level 4

Hello and Happy New Year,

Here is the link to the admin guide:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps9923/prod_maintenance_guides_list.html

While it is not clear per the user guide, I believe yes, you will have two DynDNS configs; one for each interface. Some service providers can provide dynamic rerouting during network outage.  You can check with them.

Otherwise you will need to set up two accounts, one for each dynamic address that you want to have available.

Load balancing works with or without DynDNS.

HTH,

Andrew

So I can use the Included DNS updater that is included in the firmware of the RV082 to update each ip but will have to have to 2 accounts at dynDNS? Then I need to Protocal Bind the application that I want to use with the correct ip...correct?

The firmware supports DynDNS ... no worries there.

You do not need to have protocol binding unless you want to force specific protocols / apps out of a particular WAN interface.

HTH,

Andrew Lee Lissitz

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: