Views
Helpful
Replies

RV082 locks WAN DHCP

codygroup
Level 1
Level 1

So heres what we are looking at here:

The DHCP process within your RVO82 seems to be “quitting” after a certain amount of time. This seems to be ranging over a span of a few months (4-6 months) and power cycling kicks the DHCP process back in. Once the router has kept an IP for a distinct amount of time, it stops requesting for an IP (through the DHCP process) and it simply keeps it (like a static IP). We need to figure out if Cisco knows of any bugs that might cause the DHCP process to go dormant after a select amount of time and then kick back in once power cycled.

4 Replies 4

riroe
Level 3
Level 3

Are you at the latest firmware version for the router. The latest firmware version is

2.0.0.19tm  Are you using both WAN ports and if so is it configured for Smart Link Backup or Load Balancing?

THANKS  

I have the latest firmware and it is set to Smart Link Backup

I am not aware of any bugs in the router that would cause that. I would suggest that you call into our Cisco Small Business Support Center

(1-866-606-1866) and open up a case for your problem.

THANKS  

I did that and found it hard to pay $ 75.00 up front for what we know is a router issue.  We returned it to default settings out of the box and it still does this.

I will sell it on Ebay and acquire a competitive product.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: