Helpful
Replies

RV082 Quick VPN verifying network issue

aschlough
Level 1
Level 1

I setup a user using Quick VPN. 

Once I figured out the IPSec problem which was due to a port forward issue,

I was able to ping the server and map a drive to get to my files.  The user shows up as connected on the router side.

However, the Verifying Network....pop up box will not go away.  It is as if they computer is connected to the vpn, I am able to access

services, yet it is as if it did not finish the connection because the pop up is not going away.

Has anyone had this issue and if so how did you fix it?

Thanks

Ann

2 Replies 2

jasbryan
Level 6
Level 6

Ann,

You shouldn't have to forward any ports, with that being said it sounds like you' have the RV082 behind another router. The qvpn doesn't work well behind another router, because you're double natting. If you do have a public ip address on the router, you shouldn't have any problems connecting unless there are some ports being block by your isp. Also there is a new qvpn client for this router that supports the windows 7 and vista 32bit and 64bit. With verifying network still showing the tunnel hasn't properly established.

1. Make sure that the RV082 has a public ip address, If it does make sure that ports 443,500,4500,60443 are open. To determine that these ports are open you will need to plug a pc directly into the modem, with the public ip address on the pc and runs a shields up test. GRC.COM (this is where you can run that test)

2. Make sure the block wan request are disabled on the firewall of the router, also make sure you read the release notes of the qvpn. This give you some guide lines. New Qvpn is 1.4.0.5 release notes will be in the download. Also make sure that the RV082 is running the lastest firmware.

http://tools.cisco.com/support/downloads/go/Redirect.x?mdfid=282414011

If you need further support after this please give us a call at 1-866-606-1866

Thanks,

Jason

If it does make sure that ports 443,500,4500,60443 are open. To determine that these ports are open you will need to plug a pc directly into the modem, with the public ip address on the pc and runs a shields up test. GRC.COM (this is where you can run that test)

That test does not make any sense here. It tests for open ports on the PC. Now of course, any average PC should not have anything open on port TCP 443, 500, 4500 or 60443. UDP 500 and 4500 would be active if there was an ongoing IPSec connection with NAT traversal. But technically it's not possible to test for open UDP ports.

Thus the test you describe should always report all those ports closed (or stealth if there is firewall on the computer). If it does not it would mean you run a server on the computer which uses one of those ports.

What you can effectively test is those two TCP ports 443 and 60443 on the router, i.e. while the router is connected to the modem, router having a public IP address, you can run a open port scan from a PC connected to the RV. It should report TCP port 443 and/or TCP port 60443 open. This would scan for open ports on the router and there they should be open.

But scanning a PC directly connected to the modem won't help you unless you run the necessary servers which use those ports...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: