cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV082 Router having issues with downloads

veritas247
Level 1
Level 1

I have an RV082 and when I download files from the internet, it will stop downloading the file until I stop and resume the download.   It will go for a couple of seconds and then stop.

I have downloaded different files from different urls.   I am sure the issue is not the files or websites I am downloading from.

I tested these same downloads with same computer, from a different physical location and they download file.  Not computer.

I tested download speed with my DSL provider and from bandwidth test sites.  Bandwidth fine.

I hooked directly into the DSL modem and it downloads great.

I hooked into RV082 router with no other devices or computers plugged into it, and that is when i hit the issue.  Must be router.

Can anybody help me trouble shoot this please?

Can I get into the device and pull logs?   I am a new person at the office and helping them try to fix this issue.   Took me hours just to get here with the above tests.

Please help.

3 Replies 3

daviddun
Level 3
Level 3

What router firmware are you using on the router?

1.0.11 (Jan 16 2004 15:45:58)

thank you for replying.

daviddun
Level 3
Level 3

You need to go to Cisco.com and download the lates version 2.0.0.19 for this router

Hopefully this may fix your issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: