cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV082 SNMP Broken?

Bob Boklewski
Level 1
Level 1

It doesn't look like SNMP is working at all on the RV082 router.  First off, the router has 10 ports, only 9 ports show (We are using WAN1, not WAN2, but WAN2 is not disabled).  The next issue is I am getting statistics for eth0 & eth1 only, and both these ports are showing almost the same bandwidth stats.  I looked in CACTI and I can see that eth0 has the local 192.168.3.1 address associated with it, not sure why, as 192.168.3.1 is not associated to an interface.  Eth1 must be the WAN1 interface, because I see the public ip address assigned to it.  So all I am really getting is the total bandwidth which is showing the same on both these interfaces.  I cannot see any statistics on any other interfaces and I have two computers hooked up and two ip phones.  Any help is much appreciated.

2 Replies 2

jeffrrod
Level 4
Level 4

Dear Bob,

Thank you for reaching the Small Business Support Community.

I would first suggest you to make sure you run the latest firmware release v.4.2.2.08 and SNMP MIB v4.1.1;

http://software.cisco.com/download/type.html?mdfid=282414011&flowid=785

I would then suggest you, just to double check on the SNMP configuration, to check on page 84 of the admin guide;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/csbr/rv0xx/administration/guide/rv0xx_AG_78-19576.pdf

Notice the RV082 router supports SNMP version 1 and 2 only and I am not sure if CACTI uses SNMP v3 by default. No known SNMP issues on RV082 routers.

Please check that out and let me know if there is any further assistance I may help you with.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:.
Cisco Customer Support Engineer

*Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:. Cisco Customer Support Engineer *Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

I don't see the version of SNMP, where can I find that?  I do have the latest version of the router's firmware 4.2.2.08.  Is the SNMP firmware separate from the router firmware?  I never did the SNMP firmware, but made sure to do the 4.2.2.08 and under this firmware is where I see issues with SNMP. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: