cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV082 The Remote Gateway is not responding. Do you want to wait?

RV082  The Remote Gateway is not responding. Do you want to wait?

My router at work is  „ RV082“ .  I have a  dyndns-Address and can make a  login to the  router via internet (DSL): HTTPS://mydomain.dyndns.org..  I  have configured a client-access (without group-tunnel-configuration),  I  have the newest FW 2.0.. and the latest Quick-VPN-Client.

When I try to build a VPN-connection over   Quick-VPN-Client  I receive always the message:   The  Remote Gateway is not  responding. Do you want to wait? Even when the PC-Firewall is disabled same message. During this time if someone look on the router-side interface he will   see under VPN-Access: Client connected!!!!

I tried with a   PPTP-connection.. it worked.. But I prefer to have a real VPN-Access;  it  is actually the reason why I bought this router. Please Help me  someone

Grazie mille

Thanks.. Danke sehr

2 Replies 2

bbbraunschweig
Level 1
Level 1

I have seen this behavior when the QuickVPN client is run without Administrator rights. I would also guess it can happen if something allows HTTPS but blocks IPSEC.

On the RV082 under the Firewall Settings do you have Block WAN Requests disabled?  If it's not disabled

please disable it and give the QVPN another try. 

THANKS

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: