cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV082 UPnP not working with Back To My Mac

prausch
Level 1
Level 1

I have several Mac based applications that are not working with UPnP on my RV082 router. It's not listed as a compatible router on Apple's MobileMe Back To My Mac hardware compatibility list. Is there a way to manually configure port forwarding for this application?

Another application that requires UPnP that is not working is El Gato EyeTV.

UPnP is on, and some applications on some computers are clearly able to open ports via UPnP.

I have firmware version 1.3.98-tm.

4 Replies 4

Glenn Quesenberry
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You will need to contact the vendor/manufacturer of the specific non-Cisco applications (Back to My Mac & El Gato EyeTV) for those application instructions, we don't support them on here.  if the RV082 is working with other devices/applications, then I'd believe that it's specific to those non-Cisco apps that you would need to troubleshoot with the specfic vendors on.

Best Regards,

Glenn

I was hoping for a reply from someone else with an RV082/RV042 that had found a workaround. I have reported the issue to both El Gato and Apple. El Gato claims that it's the older implementation of UPnP, not their product. Apple has not responded. I will update this issue with what I find.

I do not know anything about ElGato but for back to my mac, all you should need is Port 5900 (VNC) and possibly 443 for SSL forwarded to your Mac. Try that and let us know if it helped.

I am having the same exact issues.  I think this is starting to effect a few UPNP things (back to my mac as well as iChat and other IM software on my PC).

I tried the suggestion of manually adding those port forwards, but that didn't make any difference.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: