Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV082 v3 web management inaccessible

Experiencing a strange issue with v3 hardware. 

Symptom:  After a short period of time, I cannot log into the web administration - either locally through standard port or remote through non-standard port

Exact Behavior:  get login prompt, enter correct username & password, page refreshes with blank background and first page (status?) never shows.

Workaround:  power cycling the router restores access to the web administration page, for an uncertain period of time before it barfs again.

I was running older firmware, updated to newest 4.2.1.02 (?) and same problem.  Only thing that is better is the internet didn't completely lock up when I tried to access the administration page, like it did on the older firmware.

CISCO - HELP!!!

4 Replies 4

Tom Watts
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi donders, try different browsers such as firefox, chrome etc. Also ensure your computer is on the latest java updates.

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

I have tried accessing locally from Server 2003 with IE8 and Firefox.  (not sure of Java version)

I have tried accessing remotely (port 52377) from Windows Vista with IE9 and Firefox (Java 7 u6 & Java 6 u33)

I have tried accessing locally from Server 2008R2 with IE9 and Firefox.  (Java 7 u6)

- All of these (yesterday) I got the login prompt, logged in, then got a blank page (Home never loads)

UPDATE****  I tried remotely today and couldn't even connect.  I double-checked the router settings and I had a typo in the remote port.  Now that the firmware is updated I'm going to watch and see how it does.

after 4 days running, I am able to successfully log in remotely.  It connects and navigates quickly.  I think the newest firmware is working, but will have to see how it behaves after a week of steady use.

all is running well after a week, so I'll consider it fixed - newest firmware seems to have made it happier.