cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV082 VLAN's - How can I find out which clients are on them?

dean
Level 1
Level 1

We have an RV082 router and two of the ports are designated as VLAN2 and VLAN3, the router interface only gives a status report of the port but I can't find anyway to see which computer's are on those VLAN's. Is there anyway to do this? Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Unfortunately there is no other monitoring tools on the router.  You can view the port status and see the vlans there.  But other than that you will not be able to.  You might could find a network tool that will help you identify your network and monitor it.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Does DHCP: STATUS show any Clients connected?

David Carr
Level 6
Level 6

The only way to see clients connected in the router is through the DHCP clients table.  If they don't get their address dynamically there is no way to view it through the router.

dean
Level 1
Level 1

The router is DHCP, I can see everybody that way but what I was wondering because that information isn't on the DHCP status window is who is on let's say, we have 3 VLANS setup in the router, the router tells me through System Summary Port Stats which port is set to which VLAN but I do not see anywhere in the router interface which IP addresses are going to VLAN1, VLAN2 or VLAN3 for instance. It does not show this in the Port Management screen either. Was wondering if there is some way to see this in CMD? I do not know how to interface with the 3 switches we have in CMD either. I am just an old A+ guy in a small company who knows how to fix computers but don't know much about networking. I was put into this position because I could change out a video card so they thought I was the guy to run the network because they can't afford to do much more than that with the economy in a shambles. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Dean

P.S. I'm really a drafter.

Unfortunately there is no other monitoring tools on the router.  You can view the port status and see the vlans there.  But other than that you will not be able to.  You might could find a network tool that will help you identify your network and monitor it.

Ok, thanks David. I was afraid of that. Thanks for letting me know.

Dean

dean
Level 1
Level 1

David answered my question. Unfortunately Cisco does not have a way to see who is on a VLAN by their Computer ID or IP address. This would be helpful. Would have been more helpful if someone previous to me would have made a network map so I knew what went where. Thanks again David.

No problem, glad i could help.