cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV082 VPN iPhone

Digitecsl
Level 1
Level 1

Hi. I have a Cisco RV082 router and I want to know if I can connect an iPhone to a  RV082 VPN using IPSec and not the RV082 PPTP server. Knows somebody if I can use Cisco AnyConnect app with RV082?. 

The problem is because I need to configure more than 5 VPN iPhone clients, and with RV082 PPTP server I can only create 5.

Thanks a lot.

5 Replies 5

Michael Vandergrift
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Digitecsl,

The RV082 only supports two types of client-to-gateway VPN;  PPTP and Cisco QuickVPN client.  As you know PPTP is built into apple IOS and works from the iPhone.  QuickVPN client, however, is only available for windows <=7.  Cisco AnyConnect SSL VPN client is not compatible with the RV082, nor is the Cisco IPsec VPN client that also comes on the iPhone.

Regards,

Mike

Hi Mike, thanks for your reply. But RV082 also supports a three VPN client type: IPSec VPN connections. In fact, we have configured 8 IPSec users that connects thru ShrewSoft VPN Client. But we need connect more than 5 VPN concurrent smartphone users.

Is there any IPSec VPN client for smartphones compatible with RV082?.  Thanks a lot.

Kind regards.

This might not be the solution you're looking for, but have you considered upgrading to the rv016?  I'm not sure of its limitations on number of clients, but it may be more than the rv082.  Plus, it's easy to get up and running since you already know the rv082 and everything is the same interface-wise.

Huntsville's Premiere Car and Bike e-magazine: www.huntsvillecarscene.com

How did you get ShrewSoft to work? I have been playing with that idea since QuickVPN won't run on Windows 8. I have yet to get a successful connection however with ShrewSoft.

Thanks.

Hi Mike, is that still the case, and is there any outllook for an alternative or changes to the firmware to support iOS IPSec VPN?