cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV082 with QuickVPN can connect to Windows server but not to Ubuntu server

amason
Level 1
Level 1

We have a RV082 and are able to  use QuickVPN to connect and access our work LAN (192.168.0.0) except we cannot connect to a Linux Ubuntu server on the LAN.  Can ping (and access shares) Novell servers, a Windows 2003 server, and several printers but not the linux server. 

192.168.0.1    Novell server   can ping

192.168.0.2    Linux server   cannot ping or connect

192.168.0.3   Windows 2003 server can ping and connect

192.168.0.4 - 11   various printers which I can ping and install

I can ping and connect to the Linux server using PPTP

Any troubleshooting tips will be greatly appreciated

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

lifennel
Level 1
Level 1

Good afternoon,

Reviewing your issue, it would appear at first glance that the Ubuntu server maybe blocking the incoming traffic from the vpn. I'm unsure of which firewall program you've chosen to use with your Ubuntu server, but ensure that ports 500, 4500, 443, and 60443 are open to incoming traffice from that subnet. If you can detect any errors showing blocked traffic that is trying to hit the server, that may be helpful in allowing us to determine why that traffic is failing to go across.

Thanks,

-Lindsey

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

lifennel
Level 1
Level 1

Good afternoon,

Reviewing your issue, it would appear at first glance that the Ubuntu server maybe blocking the incoming traffic from the vpn. I'm unsure of which firewall program you've chosen to use with your Ubuntu server, but ensure that ports 500, 4500, 443, and 60443 are open to incoming traffice from that subnet. If you can detect any errors showing blocked traffic that is trying to hit the server, that may be helpful in allowing us to determine why that traffic is failing to go across.

Thanks,

-Lindsey

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: