cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV082

d.dillman
Level 1
Level 1

I have an RV082 and am using it for my Charter school network.  We are currently at 130 users all wireless, and with the new school year add 100 more users to make it 230. 

my question is

1. will this router handle that user load

2. from my understanding my IP addresses only go up to 10.10.10.149 how do i go beyond that

Thanks

Dave

2 Replies 2

Tom Watts
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi David, the router is capable of handling this traffic most likely. I've seen them used under pretty heavy loads. It's not really spec'd for it but it should do it. I've seen a RV016 service an entire hospital with 40 of the small business switches in the network!

You should be able to increase the DHCP pool to 254 to allow that many DHCP clients. If it becomes too problematic you may want to consider investing into an external DHCP server as the router supports only 1 DHCP scope.

-Tom
Please mark answered for helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

SamirD
Level 5
Level 5

The main thing I'd be concerned about is the Internet usage and how much you expect it to be handling.  It can handle about 40mbps unless it's a newer version, then it can handle more.  Tom, it's great to hear that it could handle that hospital load!   Sometimes these units are just brilliant.

Huntsville's Premiere Car and Bike e-magazine: www.huntsvillecarscene.com

Huntsville's Premiere Car and Bike e-magazine: www.huntsvillecarscene.com
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: