Views
Helpful
Replies

RV110w inbound access rule problem

mcoskuntr
Level 1
Level 1

I have a few questions.

1. I could not make an inbound access rule work for RDP. It is configured as follows WAN -> LAN for RDP (TCP 3389) , it didn't work even when I chose "All Traffic"

2. Single Port Forwarding seems to be working though.

3. Destination IP and QoS settings seem to be grayed out, I would like to know why.

AccessRule_WANtoLAN1.pngService Management.pngAccessRule_WANtoLAN2.pngHello,

SinglePortforwarding.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

blwright
Level 1
Level 1

Mcoskuntr,

to RDP to a computer from a remote location you will have to configure a portforwarding rule under port forwarding on this router. Some of our routers do require port forwarding rules to be set up as access rules however this is not one of those.

Destination IP address is grayed out because a single address is the only option. You are creating a single port forwarding and you can not specify a single port to go to multiple IP addresses.

QoS is grayed out because this is a external to internal rule and this device does only port based QoS on the LAN side.

Blake Wright

Cisco SBSC Network Engineer

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

blwright
Level 1
Level 1

Mcoskuntr,

to RDP to a computer from a remote location you will have to configure a portforwarding rule under port forwarding on this router. Some of our routers do require port forwarding rules to be set up as access rules however this is not one of those.

Destination IP address is grayed out because a single address is the only option. You are creating a single port forwarding and you can not specify a single port to go to multiple IP addresses.

QoS is grayed out because this is a external to internal rule and this device does only port based QoS on the LAN side.

Blake Wright

Cisco SBSC Network Engineer

panos.asproulis
Level 1
Level 1

Because of NAT you need to specify the IP address that the RDP traffic should reach. Therefore, you need to use the port forwarding option to direct the traffic going to the RDP port to a specific IP address. The inbound access rules simply allow specific type of incoming traffic but in this case you need to specify the IP address this traffic is supposed to reach.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: