Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

RV110W ipv6 dies randomly

My RV110W works fine for ipv6 from 1 to 4 days, then stops working.  A reboot fixes it, then it happens again, etc.  The ipv4 is never affected.  I try using ipv6.google.com and that lets me know if it's working.

This has happened since day one.  I've upgraded firmware twice and now am at 1.2.0.10.  I wiped the config, as recommended, but that's not the problem.  I don't have some tricky custom setup.

There is no specific message to indicate what's happening.  If I leave logging enabled, it fills up with page after page of:

RV110W kern.err ICMPv6 RA: ndisc_router_discovery() failed to add default route

Despite this message, I can browse to ipv6 sites with all my connected computers when it's working.  Those would have Windows 7, XP, or OpenBSD, FWIW.

You might want to blame Time Warner cable, or my SB6141 modem, but I tried a Netgear N300 router for a couple weeks without a single hiccup.  That points the finger at the RV110W.  Since ipv4 works, I think the hardware is OK.

I don't see this bug listed when I search.  Honestly, I have little hope that Cisco, or whoever, will ever fix it.  If I'm missing something simple, let me know.  Thanks.

1 REPLY

I forgot to mention

I forgot to mention explicitly that it's set up ipv4+ipv6 on LAN and WAN sides.  DW

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content