Views
Helpful
Replies

RV110W problem with SNMP through IPSEC vpn

jfquinet1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I setup an ipsec vpn between 2 RV110W in order to connect location A with location B, and try to implement a SNMP tool in location A in order to manage all devices on both locations. The ipsec vpn works fine, i'm able to see all devices from any location.

First of all i cannot setup the SNMP trap ip address of my SNMP tool system on the RV110W on location B, it tells me that the ip address must be on the same subnet. Doest that mean, it's not possible to manage remote SNMP trap?

Otherwise when i try to do a snmpget from my SNMP tool system toward the remote RV110W i get a timeout, it looks like the SNMP data doesn't go through the IPSEC vpn.

Does somebody experience same problem with SNMP on RV110W?

Thanks in advance for your help

JF

4 Replies 4

jeffrrod
Level 4
Level 4

Dear Jean Francois,

Thank you for reaching the Small Business Support Community.

I don't think it is possible to send SNMP traps over a IPSec VPN and unfortunately I am unable to try it out, therefore I suggest you to contact the Small Business Support Center and inquire with them directly, either by chat or phone;

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/small-business/sbcountrysupport

I apologize for the inconvenience and please do not hesitate to reach me back if there is anything I may assist you with in the meantime.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:.
Cisco Customer Support Engineer

*Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:. Cisco Customer Support Engineer *Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Dear Jeffrey,

Thanks for your answer, even if it's not so good. I'll ask the support center without conviction about the result.

May be you could help me about this new question: where can i find and download the MIB file for this router.

Kind regards

JF

Just a feedback after my discussion with the Support Center, and as i feared there is no way in such configuration. I asked them too for the MIB file an i'm waiting for answer

I'll keep you inform as soon as i'll get it.

JF

Hi,

I've had some informations from a Support Engineer:

- there is a bug which should be fixed by Cisco Small Business team

- i received by mail the MIB files ( i don't know if someone intend to put this files somewhere for download purpose)

- unfortunatly SNMP regarding IPSEC VPN support is not implemented in the RV110W, then it's not possible to manage an IPSEC VPN with an external SNMP management tool, that it was my first intention.

JF

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: