cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV120W slow WAN speed/bandwidth

jmatthewsr
Level 1
Level 1

I just received a RV120W and my bandwidth rate dropped from 15-20Mbps on average to 1-2Mbps on overage (verified by internet speed test sites from my cable provider, cnet, speedtest.net).  Directly connecting my laptop to my cable modem I get the 15-20Mbps, but through the RV120W the speed is 1-2Mbps.  The cable modem is a Scientific Atlanta 2100, received from Time Warner Cable (new england) last fall.

Setup (no other routers, switches, etc):

Cable Modem (Sci Atlanta 2100) -> RV120W -> Laptop Connected to LAN1.

Note that I do not have any logging or other diagnostics enabled and that I have not changed any of the configuration out of the box.

Thanks.

-justin

8 Replies 8

jmatthewsr
Level 1
Level 1

After replacing the Cisco with a Netgear FVS338 the WAN bandwidth is back to 20Mbps (down).

Hi Justin -- Thanks for posting. Our engineering team is investingating your issue. Would you be kind enough to share your configuration file for the router on which you're having issues? You can either post here or email to me directly: streavesatciscodotcom.

Thanks,

Stephanie Reaves

Small Business Technology Group

I've sent you an email with the configuration file.  Please let me know if you have not received it.

Received and forwarded to engineering team. Thank you!

Stay tuned,

Stephanie

I have a client with the same issue, has the engineering team found any new

work arounds? Thank you and kindest regards.

Ray Young

Firmware v 1.0.1.3 is now available in Cisco Software  Center:http://www.cisco.com/cisco/pub/software/portal/select.html?&i=!m&mdfid=282981372

Release Notes: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/ps9923/prod_release_notes_list.html

Thanks!

The 1.0.1.3 firmware did not fix the download speed problem.  The measured speed is 1.6Mbps vs 20Mbps (netgear router).

Thanks.

-justin

Anyone ever get a response to a solution on this?  I have updated to latest firmware and changed the UDP flood setting as suggested in other posts.  I dont get as bad as others but should average between 22-25Mbps which i get (up to 30Mbps) if i bypass the Cisco RV120w but going through it i get between 10-12Mbps.  10-12Mbps isnt bad but its half what i am paying for.

Thanks

-Moses

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: