Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

RV120W - VPN and Wireless issues

Hi

This is my first time setting up a VPN router.  I have purchased a RV120W router that I use at work which has about 10 workstations using Windows XP and Windows 7 that are wired to the network with the RV120W.  I have one Macbook with Windows & (32-bit) that I use to connect through WiFi.   I have another IMac at home running Windows 7(64-bit) at home through which I connect to work using QuickVPN. 

I have had this router for about 4 months now and I have updated to the latest firmware 1.0.2.6.

The problem I am having is that at work, my Macbook sometimes can connect to the router through WiFi and at other times connects but says (No internet Access). It is so random.  One day it will have a problem, the next day it is connected.  Connecting the notebook through a Ethernet cable is no problem.

At Home another issue.  At one moment, I can connect through the QuickVPN and then the next day I can't connect to it. 

I am using dyndns.org for the dynamic IP address and the IP address is not the problem because I have the Remote Management enabled and I can always login to my router remotely.

I cannot explain is it the setting on the router or if the router itself is bad.

It cannot be the computers, because i have tried with other notebooks at work and at home.  Same result.

Like, I said, I am very new to this and any help will be appreciated.

Regards,

Mike

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content