Views
Helpful
Replies

RV180 configure VPN connexion with QuickVPN

om.pastor
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a doubt. What I have to configure in my RV180 to make a VPN connection with Qvpn client. I created the user and if try to connect from the client I've recieved the message that is connected, but if I try to ping the RV180 local ip answer, but if I try to ping any other IP address of the VPN I can't. I think I would have something misconfigured but I don't know what is it.

4 Replies 4

jonatrod
Level 7
Level 7

Good morning

Hi Om, thanks for using our forum, my name is Johnnatan and I am part of the Small business Support community. When you configure a VPN client, unless you configure a EZVPN, you could only access and the ping the network you specified in your VPN configuration, for example if you have your RV180 with 3 networks, you could only access  the one you specified in the settings

I´ll share with you some documents about it:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-33275

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-29399

I hope you find this answer useful, 

“Please rate useful posts so other users can benefit from it”

Greetings, 
Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda.
Cisco Network Support Engineer.

“Please rate useful posts so other users can benefit from it” Greetings, Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda. Cisco Network Support Engineer.

Hi Jonathan, I think I have everything well configured. In my router I only have one network 10.0.0.0/24, the user for the quickvpn is created, and the port 443 opened. My RV180 is atthached to DSL modem/router setup as a bridge.

In the client computer (tryied with XP SP3 and W7 SP1) I start the QuickVPN client, enter the username, password and WAN IP address of my router and the client says it is connected but I only can ping or comunicate with of my router, 10.0.0.1,(for example I can open web based router configuration) but if I try to ping/access other computers in my network, 10.0.0.10 for example I can't.

Searching the web I found some people with this same problem, but I can't find a solution. I don't know if I have to change something in the firewall or anything else. The VPN connection is established but I only can contact the RV180, not the hosts behind.

Hi,

It sounds like a routing issue - if RV180 is not the gateway for your local network, or the other thing is - Firewall restrictions for ping on the windows machines.

You can test both on one PC- disable completely firware, just for testing and check the IP configuration you have to see as gateway the IP address of RV180. Than try the ping from the VPN client

Regards,

Kremena

SamirD
Level 5
Level 5

Check out what IP address that client is getting and look at your network settings for your land and subnet.  There may be something that puts your vpn client outside your lan and hence not able to connect.   

Huntsville's Premiere Car and Bike e-magazine: www.huntsvillecarscene.com

Huntsville's Premiere Car and Bike e-magazine: www.huntsvillecarscene.com
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: