Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RV180 DHCP IP Bind and Torrent

Helo,

First of all I'd like to ask excuse me because of my English, hope still will understandable what are my problems.

So not so long time ago a get a RV180 router and I have confugured well but I have realized that the torrent upload speeds does not reach that speed what was before this router. I mean that I give updolad speed of 2,4Mbytes and it works only between 400-600K but with this previous router (mikrotik) it hang nearly all the time at the top of the speed limit.

I have tried many setting around firewall but I'm not sure wich one is cause the problem. Nothing has changed only the routers, so i'm sure there is something different between the mikrotik and rv180.

My second problem is that when I boot up any of my computers (note with wifi or wired pc) it takes to much time to get the ip. It takes about one minute ot more after the windows are loaded fully..

Is there any solutions or should I turn back to the previous router? I'm using the rv180 with the latest firmware.

Thank You for Your help!

David              

Everyone's tags (5)
3 REPLIES

I forogot to tell that the download speed of torrent and from other place are ok. And If I check the internet speed with meter is absolutly ok, so only problem with the torrent upload and ip bind speed.

Silver

Re: RV180 DHCP IP Bind and Torrent

Have you added any access rules on the firewall to allow your torrent ports? Usually 6881-6889 tcp/udp

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Regards Simon http://www.linksysinfo.org

Yes I have added and the port forward works perfectly. I have checked it and the built in say ok and the third party port checkers say see the service on specified port.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content