cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV180 DHCP IPv4 client working on WAN interface?

niesommer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Does the Cisco RV180 firewall/router support DHCP client on the WAN interface? This is specifically mentioned on the DHCPv6 client, however, it is not mentioned for the IPv4 client. I'd like to set it up using my cable modem in bridged mode connecting it to the WAN interface on the RV180? So I'd get the IP address from my ISP.

Thanks,

Niels

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

davidagu
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Niels,

The RV180W certainly can pick up a DHCP address from your ISP on the WAN interface, through a bridged modem. In fact, this is the default configuration. Of course, you can also change your connection type to a static IP address or PPPoE connection profile (DSL).

All of our Small Business routers are definately capable of this confiugartion. Personally, I currently use a RV180W with a cable connection. The RV180W picked up the public IP address from my ISP just fine.

All the best,

-David Aguilar

Cisco Small Business Support Center

1-866-606-1866

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

davidagu
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Niels,

The RV180W certainly can pick up a DHCP address from your ISP on the WAN interface, through a bridged modem. In fact, this is the default configuration. Of course, you can also change your connection type to a static IP address or PPPoE connection profile (DSL).

All of our Small Business routers are definately capable of this confiugartion. Personally, I currently use a RV180W with a cable connection. The RV180W picked up the public IP address from my ISP just fine.

All the best,

-David Aguilar

Cisco Small Business Support Center

1-866-606-1866

Thank you very much!

I actually found it in the manual, I overlooked it the first time I read the manual.

It should hopefully be on its way to me shortly

Cheers,

Niels

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: