Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

New Firmware available for RV340 Series Router family! This includes the RV340, RV340W, RV345, and RV345P

To learn more and get the latest Firmware version click here.

Community Member

rv180 dropping connection to specific port

Hello,

I have two of these devices installed at remote locations and connected through VPN to one another.

Things seem to be working fine except for one port which works for a time and then gives out - requiring the firewall in the location they're connecting FROM to need to be rebooted.

Said otherwise: 
Device#1- port 3394 is open and forwarded straight to a device. RDP has been tweaked in the registry to respond to this port (Not translated, I didn't set it up).

Device#2- no port needed to be opened as it's outgoing. Devices allows connection for a time before dropping and preventing reconnection until device #2 is rebooted.

All other ports work, seemingly without issue, even with similar forwarding (non-translated). There's only one port which drops. It's connecting to a winxp machine which has been in service for a while and has very questionable security - so it could be some sort of hack prevention.

I'm writing hoping this is an easily fixable or well known issue. Failing that which logs should I be looking at?

Everyone's tags (3)
2 REPLIES
Silver

Hmm..have you considered that

Hmm..have you considered that due to tweaking device#1 that the issue is like that?

Community Member

Device #1 is not tweaked - it

Device #1 is not tweaked - it is simply forwarding port 3394 directly to a computer, opposed to translating it to 3389 like I would prefer to have setup.

They have other similar forwards which seem to work to different machines - 3393, 3392.. ect - only 3394 seems to drop.

edit: to clairfy: Device#1 is a firewall and is not tweaked, it is simply forwarding a port.

The computer to which device#1 is forwarding 3394 has been tweaked to change it's RDP listen-port to 3394.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content