I bought a RV180 and tried to configure Remote Logging / Email Settings so I can let RV180 send me logs by mail.
Although I entered all the settings (mailserver, user, pw etc.) correctly I always get "Test mail delivery failed" when testing the settings. But I know they are working because under "System Summary" I can click "Email System Summary" and the mail is properly sent. But all other attempts to send mails fail :-(
The log says: Fri Jan 31 22:04:24 2014(GMT+0100) [rv180][System][NONE] Could not execute the smtpClient. adpCmdExec failed. Exiting.
I am using the latest firmware 126.96.36.199.
I have an RV220W that fails the SMTP test. It faithfully sends the daily logs to my gmail address though. It also sends from System Summary. I think that the test itself is broken.
If you are not receiving the logs via email, create a new Logging Policy. If I recall correctly, until I created and configured a new policy I did not receive logs. I am not sending email for that new policy, I am using 'default' and I get the logs daily.
Please let me know if you have any questions and also if this works or not.
I tried what you suggested:
I also tried to configure gmail, but how do you enable SSL authentication on RV180??
I tried Gmail with my RV220W and it failed. After doing some research it appears that there are very few devices that can use Gmail to send logs.
I personally have used gmx.com email for years to send logs, video/picture alerts from IP cameras, etc. The email address is free and I have had no hassle with the service. Here are the settings that I use:
E-mail Server Address: smtp.gmx.com
SMTP Port: 25
Return E-Mail Address: *******@gmx.com
Send to E-mail Address (1): *******@gmail.com
Authentication with SMTP Server: Login Plain
I was using my ISP email with the RV220W until just now. I changed it to GMX and the Test Email sent successfully. It also sent the System Summary. I changed the logs to send hourly so I can confirm whether that works or not.
Try GMX and see if you get better results.
Tried with GMX but still does not work. Perhaps RV180 and RV220W are different. But I have seen other users in this forum having the same issue with a RV180.
The routers are very similar but have different code. There is likely a bug with the RV180. I recommend that you contact support and open a case:
I have reset the router again and configured it once more. Now I have the following behavior:
The only other things I can think of would be to reboot the router after the email settings are configured and saved. Since you are already doing a daily reboot, I think that has been covered. I recommend that you open a case with support: