cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV180 Firmware 1.0.3.10 cannot set static IP

eruth
Level 1
Level 1

Before any other configuration, I upgraded the firmware on a new RV180 from v1.0.0.30 to v1.0.3.10 with the reset to factory default option checked. Then I canceled the Setup Wizard which does not work anyway for static WAN IP assignment. After I manually configured the static IP, when I clicked Save the following error in red text appeared and the RV180 did not save the static IP info.

$| trStrings["11383"] or 'i18nHTMLMissing' |$        

I repeated this several times, always with the above result. I even tried the Setup Wizard to see what woulld happen when it finally timed out on network detection but it never timed out - just sat there doing nothing. This was all done with Internet Explorer 9 in both normal and compatibility mode.

I finally downgraded the firmware to v1.0.1.9 which works well on all the other RV180's I have at various clients. Static WAN IP setup was a breeze after the downgrade.

I was hoping that the new firmware was usable but apparently not for static IP's. I'm running 1.0.1.9 on all the RV180 and RV180W units without issue and will stay there until Cisco finally gets this right.

Ed Ruth,

DataNet Services, Inc.

8 Replies 8

jeffrrod
Level 4
Level 4

Dear Edward,

Thank you for reaching Small Business Support Community.

Just to recap; you have upgraded to the latest firmware release v.1.0.3.10, reseted to factory conditions and manually reconfigured it and you receive the given error when attempting to save a static IP address on the WAN interface.  As a community forum monitor I am going to document and report this issue so it can be further tested and fixed.  In the meantime I suggest you to contact the Small Business Support Center directly to see if they can provide you a  prompt resolution and/or advice on how to proceed about it,

https://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

I apologize for the inconvenience and please do not hesitate to reach me back if there is any further assistance I may help you with.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:.
Cisco Customer Support Engineer

*Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:. Cisco Customer Support Engineer *Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

trgood
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Edward,

I am not aware of any open bugs for this issue.  From what I can tell it seems to be a browser issue.  As to why it would occur between versions I am not sure. 

If you want to figure out the root cause I encourage opening a Service Request to address the issue.

-Trent Good

** Please rate useful posts! **

-Trent Good ** Please rate useful posts! **

I am not using IE10, rather IE9. Tried the config in both normal and compatibility mode. Also the 192.168.1.1 default Lan IP is the browser's Trusted Zone. Now that I have the router configured using v1.0.1.9 I am going to try an upgrade to 1.0.3.10 without resetting to factory defauts (so I don't lose the static IP) and see if and how it works. Afterwards, will contact support center with results. I know I had display issues with v1.0.2.6 and had to revert to 1.0.1.9 on all my other RV180 and RV180W units.

dbkirkland
Level 1
Level 1

I had the same problems when I was using IE10.  Seems the RV180 does not support IE10.

I am now using IE9 and now it seems to work both with and without the setup wizard.

I have this same problem.  It does not matter what browser or what OS (I've use Mac, Windows, Linux, IE, Safari, Opera and Firefox).  The problem is in the router software.  Go to Networking -> LAN -> Static DHCP.   This page does not have the "Add", "Delete", "Edit", "Save" buttons that it needs, and that "Help" says that it has.  I am using Firmware 1.0.3.10.

My old RV4000 had it, and the RV180 should have it.  I've reported this, and nothing has happened.  I really need to set static addresses from the router, not from each individual device. 

Please fix.

- Andy Lazarewicz

Andrew,

Are you able to see the buttons on our RV180 emulator?

https://www.cisco.com/assets/sol/sb/RV180W_Emulators/RV180W_Emulator_v1.0.3.14/home.htm

- Marty

RV180 f/w 1.0.4.14

Static DHCP page – missing buttons Add, Edit, Delete since some f/w update.

Apparently Cisco has changed syntax since some f/w version I don't remember.

Fix:

1. Backup unit's settings. Use some editor to check that the syntax for the section DhcpfixedIpAddress is correct in the configuration file. The main clue is a new variable "Name". An example bellow displays 2 lines in Static DHCP page. If necessary make changes most likely including upper/lower case conversion for MacAddr and the lines order.

2. Change checksum to 0.

systemConfig[1]["checksum"]="0"

3. Restore unit's settings from the edited configuration file. I have got missing buttons back only after the above procedure. Any other suggested solutions didn't work for me.

Correct syntax for newer firmware:

ifStatic[4]["SecondaryDns"] = ""
DhcpfixedIpAddress = {}
DhcpfixedIpAddress[1] = {}
DhcpfixedIpAddress[1]["MacAddr"] = "bc:ee:7b:e3:3b:0a"
DhcpfixedIpAddress[1]["Name"] = "Computer01"
DhcpfixedIpAddress[1]["IpAddr"] = "192.168.1.100"
DhcpfixedIpAddress[1]["LogicalIfName"] = "LAN"
DhcpfixedIpAddress[1]["_ROWID_"] = "1"
DhcpfixedIpAddress[2] = {}
DhcpfixedIpAddress[2]["MacAddr"] = "00:15:e9:6a:0f:15"
DhcpfixedIpAddress[2]["Name"] = "Unknown"
DhcpfixedIpAddress[2]["IpAddr"] = "192.168.1.101"
DhcpfixedIpAddress[2]["LogicalIfName"] = "LAN"
DhcpfixedIpAddress[2]["_ROWID_"] = "2"
DhcpLdapServerInfo = {}

Old syntax incompatible with newer firmware:

ifStatic[4]["SecondaryDns"] = ""
DhcpfixedIpAddress = {}
DhcpfixedIpAddress[1] = {}
DhcpfixedIpAddress[1]["IpAddr"] = "192.168.1.100"
DhcpfixedIpAddress[1]["LogicalIfName"] = "LAN"
DhcpfixedIpAddress[1]["_ROWID_"] = "1"
DhcpfixedIpAddress[1]["MacAddr"] = "BC:EE:7B:E3:3B:0A"
DhcpfixedIpAddress[2] = {}
DhcpfixedIpAddress[2]["IpAddr"] = "192.168.1.101"
DhcpfixedIpAddress[2]["LogicalIfName"] = "LAN"
DhcpfixedIpAddress[2]["_ROWID_"] = "2"
DhcpfixedIpAddress[2]["MacAddr"] = "00:15:E9:6A:0F:15"
DhcpLdapServerInfo = {}

emansell68
Level 1
Level 1

Same problem here.

I'm trying to se my RV180W with a WAN static IP address bur after saving the settings, the managment page show the following error:

$| trStrings["11383"] or 'i18nHTMLMissing' |$

My browser is Firefox 27.0.1

This firmware error should be quickly fixed!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: