cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV180 Firmware Upgrade Failed

imaughan90
Level 1
Level 1

Hi I have attempted to upgrade the RV180 Router and now the router doesn't boot the two green lights flash Power and wireless. I have attempted to perform a reset by holding the reset but for 20 seconds but nothing happens. How can I now get access to my router?

2 Replies 2

V K Moorthy
Level 1
Level 1

STEP 1 : Press and hold the RESET button on the back panel of the security appliance for more than 3 seconds and power the unit on simultaneously.

The Rescue mode starts up. The Status LED flashes green and then shines solid amber. In Rescue mode, the security appliance works as a TFTP server.

STEP 2 : Remove all cables from the WAN and LAN ports.

STEP 3 : Connect your PC to the LAN port.

STEP 4 : Configure your PC with a static IP address of 192.168.1.XX and a subnet mask of

STEP 5 : On your PC, start your TFTP client, such as tftpd32 or tftpd64 it depended of Windows OS . Specify the host IP address as

192.168.1.1 and transfer the RV180 firmware file from your PC to the security

appliance.

Hi

Many Thanks for the information however, when I perform the reset the status LED never goes amber all have have is the power and the wireless light flashing green.

I have attempted to tftp the file but to no avail.

I have looked at traces on the wire using wireshark and I can see the request to put a file but there is no response, I guess because the device is not in rescue mode?

Do you have any further advice or am I going to have to return the device

Many Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: