Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

RV180 NAT loopback or internal DNS resolution

Hi! I'm preparing to install our RV180 in our office, but we've a serious issue:

we have various webservers in our office, and they're WAN accesible, of course. Our problem is that these DNS entries cannot be resolved inside our LAN without our old linux DNS server with its __simple__ 'hosts' file that actually works (too) as DNS server.

We bought RV180 as 'Small Business' , but it can't handle a simple hostname resolution to LAN address . I've read about NAT reflection (or loopback) but seems does not work on RV180. Is SO difficult to add a simple table for hostname definitions in the next firmware release?

A hosts file is more powerful that NAT reflection because it allow you to define names, not only IP.

The RV180 can't work as DNS server if you have WAN-accesible servers on your LAN

This make that our network configurations doesn't is as simple as we would like

Hope someone can help us!

Thank you in advance:

ticoti0xFF

1 REPLY
Silver

RV180 NAT loopback or internal DNS resolution

Hi Vincent,

Since you just purchased the RV180 you are within warranty. I suggest calling the Small Business Support Center to speak with an engineer.

The phone numbers in your area are located here.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

Regards,

Cindy Toy
Cisco Small Business Community Manager
for Cisco Small Business Products
www.cisco.com/go/smallbizsupport
twitter: CiscoSBsupport

Regards, Cindy If my response answered your question, please mark the response as answered. Thank you!
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content