Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV180 Need Some Advice/Suggestion Regarding Access Rules & Services

Hi, I was hoping to get some advice or suggestion with an RV180 question.  I have a cable modem connection that connects to my RV180 WAN port and we have a single static IP on the WAN port and everything works great.  We do have an internal Exchange server so we have some access rules that allow inbound for ports 443 and 25.  All of that works.

Here's the issue I am running into.  We now have another internal service now that needs outside to inside access on port 443 (https), but I already have that setup on the router for Exchange and when I have them both defined, of course, it won't work correctly because the router just picks the first access rules and uses that which works fine for exchange traffic but not my other service.

Is there any other way to achieve having this work where I can have two internal services on port 443 and the router can forward traffic appropriately to each one given my one IP address? (it really wouldn't matter if I had two IP addresses because it's still hitting the same access list for internal services)

Any advice or suggestion would be excellent

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ivan98zzz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, yours is a general networking issue, not specific to RV180.

As you have a single public IP address (on your WAN port), you have only one port 443, hence you can support two outside-to-inside services.

The cheapest solution is to move one of the services to another port, if the service allows it.

The more expensive solution is to have more public IP addresses.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

ivan98zzz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, yours is a general networking issue, not specific to RV180.

As you have a single public IP address (on your WAN port), you have only one port 443, hence you can support two outside-to-inside services.

The cheapest solution is to move one of the services to another port, if the service allows it.

The more expensive solution is to have more public IP addresses.