cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV180 port forwarding doesn't work

mattiassercu
Level 1
Level 1

Today i installed an RV180 VPN router as replacement for a netscreen ns-5GT.

Exactly the same configuration, everything works, except port forwarding from WAN to a host inside NAT.

My ports are open (online port-scanner sees the ports as open), the hosts are accepting connections, but a connection can't be made.

Probably a bug in the firmware.

Regards

32 Replies 32

mattiassercu
Level 1
Level 1

Today 11 oktober 2012, 2 months after i had contact with the support center, they are "still working on the issue".

It doesn't seem like it will be resolved this year, maybe next year?

Francis LAPORTE
Level 1
Level 1

it appears that it is a bug:

port forwarding does not work
(only with ppoe wan profile)

on another one the port forwarding is OK
dhcp wan is used...

klp992001
Level 1
Level 1

OK, so now I get a notification where my issue "may be addressed in a new beta firmware".

To which I have responded:

"Please provide details of specifically what issues are addressed in the beta firmware. Without any details, I am unable to reach a decision as to if this beta will fix the problem. Further, what is the roll-back strategy if the beta fails.

mattiassercu
Level 1
Level 1

Received beta firmware 1.0.2.2 for RV180 from a cisco developer and the problem is solved!

A public release will follow soon i think.

Could you put me in touch with the person that gave you the beta firmware? My RV180 will not forward any ports. I am connected to the internet with PPPOE DSL, so I suspect that I am experiencing the same bug.

Pretty disappointed here as I have spent many hours trying to get this basic functionality to work.

I think I've got the same problem with an RV180W. Using PPPOE DSL and can't get port forwarding to work.

I am also experiencing the same problem with the RV180.  I could get port forwarding working on ports 22 and 8080, but not on ports 80, 443, or 3389.  Just like others, I'm don't have a static IP and am using DHCP on the WAN.

If you contact Cisco, you need to have the serial number in hand, then they expect you to do 20 minutes of troubleshooting.  They could provide no ETA on when the new firmware would be generally available.  I'm probably going to return the unit as it is defective.

Simple advice: don't purcahse the Cisco RV180; choose an alternate manufacturer.

Could you send me the beta firmware?

Thanks

Received beta firmware 1.0.2.2 for RV180 from a cisco developer and the problem is solved!

Could you send me the beta firmware?

Thanks

widestartech
Level 1
Level 1

Can you provide a link with this firmware?

Thanks.

Should by possible to have a copy of the beta firmware,

with the current version the RV180 is useless !

I am sorry but never again a cisco products for small business !

Hello all,

I opened a post a while ago about VPN passthrough issues. The thread is here:-

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3737182

I was advised to use port forwarding to try and resolve the issue- something that I still haven't been able to successfully do. Seems to me that broken port forwarding wont help my issue either!

Has Cisco advised when the next official firmware release will be?

Is the Beta version people refer to here available yet?

I like this product- but functionality like this needs to work.......

Kind Regards,

Andy.

I have the same problem with a pppoe connection. No inbound port forwarding is possible (it's not working anyway) even with newest firmware 1.0.1.9.

As this "feature" is of critical importance to me and our organisation, I'd be very happy to betatest the afore mentioned beta firmware (1.0.2.x).

Please give me directions on how to sign up for beta testing if at all possible. Thanx!

gzavitski
Level 1
Level 1

Well here it is December 21, 2012 and we still see no resolution to the port forwarding issue.  Being a consultant and reseller i cannot beleive that Cisco has not released a firmware to the general public that address many of the issues associated with this device.  The latest posted firmaware (1.0.1.9) has been on the Cisco site since June 2012.  It is pretty difficult to recommend Cisco Small Business products with two brand new boat anchors sitting on your shelf.

Come on Cisco!  Clear this up.  If the so called beta firmware fixes the port forwarding issues, release it otherwise provide a return address where we can send the units back for replacement.  Heck I'd take a couple of WRVS4400n as a swap.

Too long to fix a bug.  Perhaps all the RV180's should be recalled?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: