cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV180 URL Blocking

dean.wagner
Level 1
Level 1

The company I work for would like to schedule times of the day where certain websites are blocked. They have a Cisco Small Business Router which allows for creating schedules for Access Control policies, but I cannot apply the schedules to the URL Blocking policies. Is there any way around this limitation or any chance that this feature could be added in future firmware updates? It doesn't seem to be a very complicated request, and all the tools are already there.

For example, they would like facebook.com (among others) blocked between 8:00am-9:40am, 9:50am-12:00pm, 12:30pm-2:40pm, and 2:50pm-4:30pm. This way employees may access these sites during break hours but not working hours. I easily set up the schedules in the RV180's UI, but as I said, there is no way to apply these schedules to URL Blocking.

1 Reply 1

vvijaysa
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Dean,

Please refer the below link for information on how to block a particular URL:

http://sbkb.cisco.com/CiscoSB/GetArticle.aspx?docid=fb53258932b5423bb4f0fab928587703_URL_Blocking_on_RV180_and_RV180W.xml&pid=2&converted=0

Thanks,

Vijay

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: