cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV180W firmware recovery

jboshears
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I was updating my RV180W firmware and the browser i was using crashed on me during the procedure.  About 2 minutes later the router rebooted and now when it comes up I cannot get any activity, I only have a blinking POWER and WIRELESS light.  Is there a procedure where i can recover this using TFTP or similar method?  Thanks in advance.

2 Replies 2

jeffrrod
Level 4
Level 4

Dear Customer,

Thank you for reaching the Small Business Support Community.

Interrupting the upgrade process at specific points when the flash is being written to may corrupt

the flash memory and render the router unusable.

I suggest you to press and hold in the RESET button for at least 20 seconds in order to restore to factory defaults and clear all of the Cisco RV180 settings. If that still don't fix it, my only other suggestion is to contact the Small Business Support Center for further troubleshooting;

https://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

Please do not hesitate to reach me back if there is any further assistance I may help you with.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:.
Cisco Customer Support Engineer

*Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:. Cisco Customer Support Engineer *Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

durreavi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello :

To update or recover the firmware of the device please follow the next link Firmware Guides for Small Business Products  this will guide you to the article that explains step by step how to make this procedure.

I hope this will help you