Views
Helpful
Replies

RV180w issues help

xingxing444
Level 1
Level 1

Hi folks,

I've bought RV180w for one week and found two issues which I can't figure out. I think that should be the bugs.

I've updated firmware to 1.0.1.9.

Issues:

1. Port fowarding doesn't work. I created Custom Servie for Port 5900 and 5800. I tried to forward external request to my internal computer's 5800 and 5900 port which are VNC service used. VNC client works perfect in LAN network.  I've viewed serveral discussion in this forum. It seems it is a bug still exist.

2. WAN Bandwidth CAN NOT bigger than 1.1MB/s

My ISP service's network bandwidth is 20Mbps. If I dial in by Windows client directly, the speed of download can reach 2.5MB/s. Unfortunately, It is only 1.1MB/s if I connect to wan through RV180w router. Did I get wrong configuration on this router?

Anyone would like to give me a hand will be appreciated.

Thank

Billy

2 Replies 2

xingxing444
Level 1
Level 1

No one knows?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

janickle
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Billy,

I apologize that you are unable to reach your VNC server behind the RV180W.  Please contact Cisco Small Business Support at 1-866-606-1866.  We will be happy to troubleshoot the issues you are having with both the port forwarding and the bandwidth on your WAN interface.  Our engineers will be able to resolve these issues for you in an expeditious manner.

Thank you,

Jason Nickle