cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV180W - PPTP problems

masterzedric
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having serious problems with PPTP on my RV180W. I'm running the latest 1.0.4.14 firmware, since earlier fws made it impossible to use a secondary AP in the wlan. The problems are:

* I cannot connect with PPTP from the outside to the router. I have enabled the PPTP server and added a user and IP range (outside LAN DHCP range, but in the same subnet).

* I CAN connect with PPTP from inside the LAN to the router. But that's kind of pointless.

* I cannot connect with PPTP from inside the LAN to any PPTP server on the Internet (passthrough is enabled).

Any "normal" traffic seems to work well.

I have recently configured three other RV180Ws at work, all running PPTP servers, all working fine. But mine just refuses. I have tried rebooting several times.

I tried some packet capturing, both for connecting from the outside, and for passthrough. The logs seems to indicate that (in both cases) both TCP 1723 and GRE traffic is flowing, both peers are sending and receiving packets. A GRE negotiation seems to repeat a few times until it hangs up.

1 Reply 1

masterzedric
Level 1
Level 1

Well, no response here. Anyways, it turns out my ISP had messed up som switch configurations in my area. I wasn't easy getting to the bottom of that problem, but in the end, they managed to fix it. So, no fault on Cisco's end.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: