cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV180w / QuickVPN Internet Access

compkenny
Level 1
Level 1

I am planning to purchase a VPN router for our new remote site office, which allow remote site desktop fully access our local LAN and even Internet just as our other remote office does.

As i check RV180w with QuickVPN support which provide VPN connection.

I would like to know if it can support Internet access via VPN.

We would like to limit remote site desktop to reach our HQ and using HQ internet line to get onto Internet.

Can rv180w and quickvpn achieve this?

Thanks

1 Reply 1

Mehdi Boukraa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi , 

As I understand you need to connect remote users to your office site and accessing all the LAN resources and also Internet traffic which it means Full Tunneling 

For QVPN is always split tunnel it means you have access to your local resources but all the rest of the traffic including Internet is not passing through VPN 

For RV180 we have PPTP we can have it as full tunnel VPN up tp 10 users

if you looking for IPsec protocol for VPN, we can go for RV300 series (RV320,RV325) where supporting Cisco Client VPN Software which from WebGui you can configure your VPN as Split or Full tunneling 

for more details about other routers regarding your VPN need please call technical support line :

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

Please rate the post or marked as answer to help other Cisco Customers

Greetings

Mehdi