Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

RV180W Site to Site VPN Setup Only Allows One Way Traffic

Good Morning Everyone,

I have two RV180W routers setup in "Gateway" mode with a site to site VPN with IPSec policies configured identically at each end.  The tunnel is up.  The local network is 192.168.1.0/24 and the remote is 192.168.5.0/24.  I can ping from the remote network to the servers locally, however I cannot ping locally to the remote network...

I have checked the firewall settings and there is nothing preventing me from pinging that I can tell.  I have minimal access rules on the remote router and only RDP on the local router.  Both routers have the latest firmware.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

-Wayne

4 REPLIES

Re: RV180W Site to Site VPN Setup Only Allows One Way Traffic

Hi Wayne, thank you for using our forum, my name is Luis I am part of the Small business Support community. I understand that you want to reach the remote network, I think your issue could be related with the host firewall settings, I will share an article with some steps to configure the Windows firewall settings.

Cisco QuickVPN Installation Tips for Windows Operating Systems

You can go Firewall > Attack Prevention and try checking “Respond to Ping on WAN (Internet)”

I hope you find this answer useful

Greetings,

Luis Arias.

Cisco Network Support Engineer.

Hi Luis,

I did as suggested and I can still not ping the network on the other side of the VPN tunnel.  I can tell you that I can ping the inside interface of the remote router though, just not any devices.

Regards,

-Wayne

Bronze

Are you able to log in to the remote router?  Is it distributing any IP addresses?

Huntsville's Premiere Car and Bike e-magazine: www.huntsvillecarscene.com

Huntsville's Premiere Car and Bike e-magazine: www.huntsvillecarscene.com

Hi Wayne,

If you are able to ping the inside interface of the router that means the tunnel is up and running. So most probably it is a routing problem in the unreachable LAN. Check the IP configuration on the LAN users - the gateway should be the inside IP of RV180

Regards,

Kremena

Views
Helpful
Replies