Views
Helpful
Replies

RV215W DNS ALIAS

paul.pociecha
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

Currently i have RV215W, behind the router is Windows 2008 SBS that runs Exchange Web Mail and Remote Web Desktop.  They are planning on implementing CRM solution on 2nd server.  

My question is as follow, i need to redirect the traffic that goes on same SSL (443) port to two separate servers.  I do have additional static IPs that i can use.  However which router would support either more than 1 static IP? or creating DNS ALIAS 

From what I was told by the Company that is doing the CRM installation, that you can have 2 static IP so MAIL.domain.com goes to the first server and CRM.domain.com goes to 2nd server and the router supposed to be able to route the traffic that way.

Second option is to have Router that can router CRM.domain.com directly to the 2nd server on port 443 and it is call DNS ALIAS.  

So my current router i doubt it can do this, what would be the recommend router in order for me to do this.

Paul

1 Reply 1

SamirD
Level 5
Level 5

I believe the rv215 does have 1-to-1 NAT, which should be able to use your multiple static IPs.

Huntsville's Premiere Car and Bike e-magazine: www.huntsvillecarscene.com