cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV215W IPSec BOVPN to Watchguard

3of900001
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings, I have been attempting to resolve this via email already, but was told to come here for some reason.

I have a RV215W at a branch office behind a cable modem with a dynamic IP. The RV215W has a private IP and is reaching the outside world via NAT.

I have a Watchguard firewall at the central office. It has a static IP address.

I am able to configure the RV215W to connect via VPN so long as the Watchguard is expecting Identifiers of strictly IP addresses in the IKE configuration. However, this obviously won't work at the branch office.

The Dynamic DNS is being set to the RV215W's WAN address and not that of the cable modem. Yet another problem.

All I need is to be able to set the ike_local_id_type_1 to 2 or 3 in the configuration file and the ike_local_id_1 to something other than an IP address. For some reason, the UI of this router does not let me do this.

I know that this router attemps to magically figure out these values from the IPSec configuration and the WAN settings... however, its still only using IP values for the local Identifier (private IPs at that).

Does anyone have a way I can at least manually edit the configuration file and upload it? I don't know how the checksum is being generated on it.

I would love to see a firmware update that lets the UI edit the IKE identifier values like is possible on the RV180W, RV120W, and RV220W. But at this point, I would be happy getting it to work the hard way.

1 Reply 1

cindy toy
Level 7
Level 7

Hello,

Have you contacted the Cisco Small Business Support Center?  Contact information is located here:https://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.htm

Regards,
Cindy Toy
Cisco Small Business Community Manager
www.cisco.com/go/smallbizsupport
twitter: CiscoSBsupport

Regards, Cindy If my response answered your question, please mark the response as answered. Thank you!