Views
Helpful
Replies

RV215W WAN DHCP failing

dkleaphart1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a new RV215W to use on a broadband - ethernet connection. I currently have a D-Link DIR-601 router and it is working fine. The D-Link is configured to connect to the internet using DHCP.

The RV215W will not connect using the same broadband - ethernet connection. I have used the release/renew in the System Summary. Nothing happens. I see in the logs a DHCP renew was issued but no response. Again, the D-Link works fine using DHCP when I move the internet cable to that router.

I'm on the current version of the firmware on RV215.

Are there any known issues or configuration steps needed on the RV215 for WAN DHCP? This is the default setting out of the box. The RV215 setup is very elementary and doesn't really supply many config settings so there was much for me to try.

Thanks.

David Leaphart

1 Reply 1

Tom Watts
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi David, I think your problem is the MAC association on your broadband modem connection. First, connect a computer to your broadband modem connect and make your computer work on the internet. Once you accomplish this, connect the RV215 to the modem then use the feature "mac address clone" and clone your PC mac to the RV215. This should fix it.

-Tom
Please mark answered for helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/